Interconnected systems

I’m currently in the process of tracking relations between different social, biological and ecological systems. I am interested in understanding how they interact and I hope to examine them through the lens of the themes my work engages with including ecofeminism, ecological systems and climate change, human and animal biological systems, power and control, and war and conflict. 

I think the most effective way I can work this through is through drawing but I am initially considering the complexity in how different systems interconnect. 


Ecofeminism - Social construct created on the whole by the patriarchy and the impact on women’s experience, and how this relates to ecological narratives. 


Human Biological sensory systems - hypothalamus (sexual impulse) amygdala (emotional physiological and psychological effect) ,Aggression and competitiveness in male and female brain structures. 


Animal Biological sensory systems - Unwelt and the ways in which different species use their sense to form mental models of the world. 


Ecosystem - complex sensory biological system that has active interconnected forces and systems while also containing multi-sensory material ‘things’ that have an affect on the biological sensory system. 


I am trying to define and alternative framework to the once which holds nature as ‘mother’. A perspective that has an anthropological Ecofeminist agenda (on its positive and negative aspects) as I think it’s worth exploring. 

This is especially interesting when considering that we are in an age of advanced technology, cybernetics, AI and information. 

Much to unravel and explore.. which is why it’s so interesting and why it may form the basis of a useful thought experiment; 



I am going to draw and add these here shortly. 



Popular Posts