Locust cgi modelling

Last week saw the commencement of the I project. In this project I will be producing a cgi clone of an actual locust skeleton. I am interesting in rigging the model in Maya and the using a rapid prototype printer to reproduce a working armature of the insect.

I wish to create the insect I both cgi and paper, converging technologies to better understand the affordances and constraints of both materials.

In thinking about how this relates to animation this can be aligned with the animation practice of hybridity converging Cgi techniques and material modelling techniques as in Coraline's facial construction.

I am also interested in cybernetic organisms, research in this area has led to the thinking within cybernetics and organismic biology, (evolutionary biology). The philosophy of Henri Bergson is quoted extensively by Weiner.

And so, What exactly does one engage with when converging organic with computation mechanism? How can animation best reveal this conversion? Where is this located within the key texts identified? Where can the key practice be located?

Popular Posts